KVS believes in imparting knowledge/values and nurturing the talent, enthusiasm and creativity of its students for seeking excellence through high-quality educational endeavours.
- To cater to the educational needs of children of transferable Central Government including Defence and Para-military personnel by providing a common programme of education;
- To pursue excellence and set the pace in the field of school education;
- To initiate and promote experimentation and innovations in education in collaboration with other bodies like Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) etc.
- To develop the spirit of national integration and create a sense of "Indianness" among children.
- To Provide, establish, endow, maintain, control & manage schools, hereinafter called the 'Kendriya Vidyalaya' for the children of transaferable employees of the Government of India, floating populations & others including those living in remote & undeveloped locations of the country & to do all acts & things necessary for the conducive to the promotions of such schools.
- Common text-books and bilingual medium of instructions for all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- All Kendriya Vidyalayas are affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education.
- All Kendriya Vidyalayas are co-educational, composite schools.
- Sanskrit is taught from class VI - VIII.
- The quality of teaching is kept reasonably high by an appropriate teacher-pupil ratio.
- No tuition fee for boysupto Class VIII, girls upto Class XII and SC/ST students and children of KVS employees.