The main duties and powers of various officers of the Sangathan shall be as given in the subsequent Articles. All residual powers which are not specifically assigned to any of the officers shall vest in the Board. The powers shall be exercised by the respective officers in accordance with the rules and regulations in force from time to time.
- The Board shall generally carry out the objectives of the Sangathan as set forth in the Memorandum of Association.
- The Board shall manage all affairs and funds of the Sangathan and shall have authority to exercise all the powers of the Sangathan.
- The Board shall have powers to frame regulations, consistent with the Rules of the Sangathan, for the administration and management of the affairs of the Sangathan. Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, these Regulations shall provide for the following:
- Preparation and sanction of budget estimates, sanctioning of expenditure, making and execution of contracts, investment of funds of the Sangathan and the sale or alteration of such investment, accouts and audit.
- Procedure for appointment of the officers and the staff of the Sangathan, the schools and other instituions managed by the Sangathan and various programmes and services established and maintained by it.
- Terms and tenure of appointment, emoluments, allowances, rules of discipline and other conditions of service of the officers and staff of the Sangathan.
- Terms and conditions governing scholarships, free ships, financial and other concessions, grant -in-aid, deputation, research schemes and projects in relation to students and staff of the schools and other institutions managed by the Sangathan.
- Such other matters as may by necessary for the furtherance of the objectives of the Sangathan and the proper administarion of its affairs
- The Board may, by resolution, appoint Advisory Boards or other committees or bodies including Local Management Committees for schools with such powers as it may think fit, and also dissolve any of the committees and advisory bodies set up by it.
Chairperson/ Chairman Of The Sangathan/board Of Governor
The Chairperson/Chairman shall chair all meetings of the Sangathan and Board of Governors. The Chairperson/Chairman shall ensure that all decisions taken by the Sangathan/ Board are implemented. The Chairperson/Chairman shall have powers equal to those exercised by a Minister of the Government of India. The Chairperson/Chairman shall exercise such other powers as may be delegated by the Sangathan or the Board of Governors, provided that the action taken in exercise of such powers shall be reported at the next meeting of the Sangathan or the Board of Governors, as the case may be.
The Deputy Chairperson / Deputy Chairman shall chair the meetings of the Board of Governors/Sangathan in the absence of the Chairperson/Chairman. The Chairperson/ Chairman may, in writing, delegate such powers to the Deputy Chairperson/ Deputy Chairman, as the case may be.
Vice- Chairperson/ Vice-Chairman
The Vice-Chairperson/ Vice-Chairman shall chair the meetings of the Board of Governors/ Sangathan in the absence of the Chairman and Deputy Chairman .The Vice-Chairperson/ Vice-Chairman shall function as the Chairperson/ Chairman of the all the three Standing Committees of the Sangathan viz. Finance Committee, Academic Advisory Committee and Works Committee.The Vice-Chairperson/ Vice-Chairman shall be the appointing authority for Joint Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners.
- Administrative Powers
- The Commissioner shall be the Principal Executive Officer of the Sangathan and subject to any decision that may be taken by the Board. The Commissioner shall be responsible for the proper administration of the affairs of the Sangathan and the properties and institutions such as the schools, playgrounds, gymnasia hostels, residential quarters for officers, principals,teachers and other employees etc. under the direction and guidance of the Chairman and the Board.
- To make appointment to all posts at the Headquarters and Regional Offices as well as Vidyalayas, corresponding in status to Group ‘A’ excluding Deputy Commissioners and above, on the recommendation of the Appointment Committee/ DPC.
- To post, transfer and assign any duties to all officers and staff at the Headquarters, Regional Offices as well as at the Vidyalayas level.
- To create posts in Kendriya Vidyalayas for teaching and non-teaching categories.
- To create posts for the Headquarters/ Regional Offices of the Sangathan for a period up to six months.
- To approve probation and grant confirmation to Group ‘A’ officers (including Joint Commissioners).
- To forward applications of Group ‘A’ Officers of the level of Deputy Commissioners and above of the Headquarters and Regional Offices for posts outside the Sangathan subject to any general orders.
- To depute all the employees of the Headquarters of the Sangathan, Regional Offices and Vidyalayas for training abroad, subject to general directions, if any, given by the Board.
- To inspect and supervise the working of the Vidyalayas and to issue directions for development of education in Kendriya Vidyalayas to Principals and other officers of the Headquarters
- To approve and prescribe text books for all classes including those recommended by the Central Board for classes IX to XII.
- To formulate plans and schemes for development of higher education on the lines of the scheme embodied in the Kendriya Vidyalayas Scheme and to obtain the approval of the Board and the Government of India.
- To grant permission to all employees of the Headquarters, Regional Offices and Kendriya Vidyalayas to write books, or to prosecute higher studies, or to take up other literary work.
- To prescribe admission, examination and promotion rules for Vidyalayas.
- To prescribe school timings of Vidyalayas, Vidyalaya term, Vidyalaya year, vacation and other breaks.
- To prescribe the Headquarters and territorial jurisdiction of Deputy Commissioners and other officers of the Headquarters office.
- To grant scholarships and stipends to students in accordance with the scheme approved by the Board.
- To issue orders on the analogy of FR9(6)(b) of the Compilation of the Fundamental Rules that employees of the Sangathan in certain circumstances be treated as on duty. In the case of deputation of an employee abroad, this power shall be subject to the concurrence of the Finance Member of the Sangathan.
- To sanction advance increments upto a maximum of three increments in a time- scale to teaching staff of vidyalayas on their initial appointment, subject to the recommendation of the selection committee.
- To sanction advance increments in a time –scale to non teaching staff of the vidyalayas up to a maximum of three increments on initial appointment, subject to the recommendation of the selection committee.
- To permit an employee of the Sangathan to undertake work for which a fee is offered, subject to the maximum of Rs. 5000/- in each case.
- To sanction leave to Additional Commissioners, KVS.
- To require Group `A’ officers to produce medical certificate of fitness on return from leave on medical grounds.
- To extend leave of Group `A’ officers in order to regularise overstayal of leave.
- To decide whether an employee is vocational or non-vocational staff.
- To accord administrative approval and expenditure sanction in respect of all construction and maintenance works.
The Commissioner shall have powers analogous to the powers of the Head of the Department under the Supplementary Rules, General Financial Rules, Central Treasury Rules, Medical Attendance Rules and KVS (Employees) Provident Fund Rules.
Some of the relavant powers of the commissioner under the above mentioned rules are detailed in the statement at Appendix –II in the education code for Kendriya Vidyalayas
- To make appointment to all posts corresponding in status to Group B at the Headquarters and Regional Offices on the recommendations of Selection Committees.
- Forward application of Group `B’ officers of Headquarters, Regional Offices and ZIETs
- To approve probation and grant confirmation to Group ‘B’ officers including Vice-Principals of Vidyalayas.
- To forward applications of all Group `A’ officers of Headquarters, Regional Offices, ZIETs and Vidyalayas other than Deputy Commissioner and above for posts outside the Sangathan subject to any general orders.
- ) To grant permission to Group A and B officers of the Headquarters office, Regional office, ZIETs as well as Vidyalayas for appearing at public examination.
- To grant leave to officers of Group ‘A’ in the KVS Hqrs. and Deputy Commissioners of the Regional Offices and Directors of ZIETs
- To look after the welfare of the employees of the Sangathan.
- To extend leave of Group ‘B’ Officers in order to regularise the overstayal of leave.
- To allow change in the name/surname of Group `A’ officers of KVS upto the level of Joint Commissioner in KVS HQrs/ Regional Offices, ZIETs and Vidyalayas.
- To grant permission to Vice –Principals and Group ‘B’ Officers of Headquarters, Regional offices, ZIETs to write books or to prosecute higher studies.
The Additional Commissioner (Admn) shall have powers analogous to powers under the Supplementary Rules, General Financial Rules, Central Treasury Rules, Medical Attendance Rules and KVS Employees’ Provident Fund Rules as detailed in Appendix II. in the education code for the Kendriya Vidyalayas
- To arrange seminars, refresher courses, in-service training and workshops etc.
- To depute officers of the Headquarters office of the Sangathan and Principals of Kendriya Vidyalayas for training in India and for participation in educational programmes, seminars and conferences in India where such training/ participation is considered to be in the Sangathan’s interest, subject to general directions, if any, given by the Board.
- To approve and prescribe text books for classes I to VIII.
- To promote physical education and issue directions for organising sports and games meets and other ancillary activities.
- To look after the welfare and professional education (including in-service training) of teachers and other staff of Vidyalayas.
The Additional commissioner(Acad) shall have powers under the Supplementary Rules, General Financial Rules, Central Treasury Rules, Medical Attendance Rules and KVS Employees’ Provident Fund Rules as detailed in Appendix II in education code for Kendriya Vidyalayas.
(a) Administrative Powers
- To make appointment to all Group ‘C’ posts of Headquarters of the Sangathan, Regional Offices and ZIETs.
- To grant leave to Group B Officers at Headquarters Office and Group ‘A’ Officers excluding Deputy Commissioners of Regional Offices and Directors of ZIETs.
- To approve probation and grant confirmation to Group C employees of Headquarters Office, Regional Offices and ZIETs.
- To grant permission to Group ‘B’ officers at the Headquarters of the Sangathan for appearing at public examinations.
- To act as Controlling Officer for purposes of travelling allowance in respect of Group B officers at the Headquarters of the Sangathan , Regional Offices and ZIETs.
- To sanction annual increments in the prescribed time-scale to Group A Officers up to the level of Deputy Commissioners.
- To require Group A & B Officers to produce a medical certificate of fitness on return from leave.
- To extend leave of Group C employees in order to regularise overstayal of leave.
(b) Financial Powers
The Joint Commissioner(Admn)/(Pers)shall have powers analogous to powers under the Supplementary Rules, General Financial Rules, Central Treasury Rules, Medical Attendance Rules and KVS Employees’ Provident Fund Rules as detailed in Appendix II in education code for Kendriya Vidyalayas.
(a) Administrative Powers
- To depute Group C officers at the Headquarters of the Sangathan for training and for participation in educational programmes, etc where such training / participation is considered to be in Sangathan's interest subject to general directions, if any given by the board.
- To assist the Additional Commissioner(Acad) in the Formulation of plans and Schemes for development of higher education on the lines of the scheme embodied in the Kendriya Vidyalaya Scheme.
In addition to the above duties of Joint Commissioners they will perform the duties of Appellate Authority and reviewing authority region wise, in the disciplinary cases against the employees of KVS as mentioned below:
|1. Joint Commissioner (Admn.) (Sh. Jaideep Das)||Ahmedabad, Jabalpur, Agra, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Tinsukia & ZIET Chandigarh|
|2. Joint Commissioner (Acad) (Smt. Piya Thakur )||Mumbai, Raipur, Delhi, Hyderabad, Ernakulam, Guwahati & ZIET Mysore|
|4. Joint Commissioner (Pers.) (Sh. S.S. Rawat)||Jaipur, Ranchi, Dehradun, Bangalore, Varanasi, Silchar, ZIET Mumbai & ZIET Bhubaneswar|
|3. Joint Commissioner (Trg) (Sh. N.R. Murali)||Bhopal, Lucknow, Gurgaon, Jammu, Chennai, Patna, KVS(HQ) & ZIET Gwalior|
(b) Financial Powers
File Number: 3-10/2004-KVS(E1)/135-175 Dated 08-01-2019
Recurring expenditure Non Recurring expenditure Rs. 15000/- Rs. 50000/-
Regarding Payment of medical bill (In emergency cases) For Officials working in KVs, ROs and ZIETs: Rs. 50001/- upto Rs 1,00,000/- For Officials of KVS (HQs) - Upto Rs. 1,00,000/-
(a) Financial Powers
- To function as the Secretary of two Standing Committees – Finance Committee and Works Committee of the Sangathan.
- To advise the Commissioner in financial, accounting and audit matters pertaining to the Sangathan and its constituent units.
- To supervise the day to day work of the Budget and Finance, Audit and Accounts sections at the Headquarters of the Sangathan.
- To inspect the accounts of the Vidyalayas, Regional Offices and Headquarters Office and to issue suitable instructions, wherever necessary.
- To call for such information from the Vidyalayas, Regional Offices,ZIETs and the Headquarters office as may be required for the preparation and sanction of Budget Estimates, preparation of Annual Accounts and processing of objections raised in internal as well as external audit.
- To manage the affairs of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Employees’ Provident Fund, Group Insurance Scheme etc.
- To act as Controlling Officer for purposes of travelling allowance in respect of Group ‘B’ Officers at the Headquarters of the sangathan, Reginal offices and ZIETs.
- To make appointments to teaching and non-teaching posts in Group B and C in Vidyalayas except that of Vice Principal and Group ‘D’ posts of Regional Office.
- To approve probation and grant confirmation to the Group B and C employees in Vidyalayas, except Vice-Principals, and Group ‘D’ employees of Regional Offices.
- To forward applications of employees upto Group B (including Vice-Principals) of Vidyalayas and Regional Offices for posts outside the Sangathan but not for the posts abroad and to grant permission for registration with the Employment Exchange.
- To grant permission upto Group B (excluding Vice-Principal) of Vidyalaya and Regional Offices for appearing at public examination.
- To depute teaching staff of Group B (excluding Vice-Principals) and Group C establishments of the Vidyalayas and Regional Office for training/participation in educational programmes in India etc. where such training/ participation is considered to be in the Sangathan’s interest.
- To inspect and supervise Vidyalayas to ensure that curricular and co-curricular activities are properly carried out in the Vidyalayas and to suggest improvements, if any.
- To inspect, supervise and to suggest improvements in the administration of Vidyalayas.
- To allow alteration in the name/surname of the Group B, C & D employees of the Vidyalayas, excluding Vice-Principals.
- To look after the welfare of the employees of the Vidyalayas/ Regional office.
- To grant permission to the Group B and C employees of Vidyalayas/ Regional Office (excluding Vice-Principals) to prosecute higher studies or to write books or to take up any literary work.
- To issue orders on the analogy of FR 9(6) of the Fundamental Rules in respect of Group C employees of the Vidyalaya/ Regional Office that an employee in certain circumstances be treated as on duty, subject to such instructions as may be issued.
- To transfer Vidyalaya staff other than the Principals and Vice-Principals from one place to another within the Region subject to general orders of KVS HQrs from time to time in this regard.
- To dispense with a medical certificate of fitness in respect of Group C employees of Vidyalayas and the Regional Office.
- To sanction annual increments to Group B, C and D employees of the Regional Office and Principals and Vice-Principals of the Vidyalayas in the prescribed time-scale.
- To sanction the undertaking of work for which a fee is offered and an acceptance of the fee by the staff of the Vidyalaya (other than the Principal) and the Regional Office subject to a maximum of Rs.2500/- (Rupees two thousand and five hundred only) in each case.
- To grant leave preparatory to retirement and refuse leave etc. to Group B and C employees of Vidyalayas.
- To grant leave to Group B, C and D employees of the Regional Office.
(b) Financial Power
He shall have powers analogous to powers under the Supplementary Rules, General Financial Rules, Central Treasury Rules, Medical Attendance Rules and KVS Employees’ Provident Fund Rules as detailed in
Branch officers at The Regional office
The work of various sections and other supporting staff in the Regional Office shall be supervised by various Officers at the Branch level by as per distribution of work approved by the Commissioner.
Assistant Commissioner At Regional Level
The functions of the Assistant Commissioner shall be as under :
- To assist the Deputy Commissioner in administrative functions;
- To supply resources needed by teachers and Principals;
- To assist in continuous and comprehensive evaluation ;
- To encourage experimentation and innovations;
- To guide and assist the teachers in CCA fields;
- To develop programmes for slow and gifted children;
- To guide to achieve excellence;
- To draw programmes in special areas of curriculum – Vocational Education, Work Experience, Physical Education, Arts, Music etc.
- To act as specialist in certain fields;
- To give demonstration lesson. Assistant Commissioners at KVS, Headquarters shall discharge such duties has assigned to them by Commissioner, KVS from time to time.
- To function as the administrative head of the Vidyalaya and to act as the Drawing and Disbursing Officer of the staff employed in the Vidyalaya, subject to detailed instructions given in this regard in the Accounts Code.
- To engage teachers on part time/ contractual basis as PRT/TGT/PGT subject to relevant instructions in this regard.
- To make appointments to Group D posts and to approve probation and grant confirmation of Group D employees in the Vidyalaya.
- To forward applications of Group C and D employees of the Vidyalaya for posts outside the Sangathan except posts abroad and to grant permission for registration with the Employment Exchange.
- To grant permission to Group C and D employees of the Vidyalaya for appearing at public examination.
- To implement the instructions and policies of the Sangathan in respect of curricular and co-curricular activities, and to take steps to bring about healthy development of the Vidyalaya in all fields.
- To administer the Vidyalaya on sound lines and to develop healthy teacher-pupil relationship.
- To be responsible for the proper maintenance of accounts and school records, service-books of teaching and non-teaching staff, returns and statistics as prescribed by the Sangathan from time to time.
- To look after the welfare of the employees of the Vidyalaya.
- To handle the official correspondence relating to the Vidyalaya and to furnish within the prescribed dates all returns and information required by the Sangathan.
- To formulate and to submit to the Deputy Commissioner for approval, proposals for teaching staff, furniture, laboratory equipment and teaching aids etc. well before the commencement of the academic session.
- To make all payments including salaries etc. of teachers and other staff in time and according to rules.
- To ensure that tuition fees, where levied and Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (VVN) are realised and credited to the relevant bank Account in time.
- To make purchase of stores etc. required for the Vidyalaya in accordance with the prescribed procedure, to enter all such stores in Stock Register, to scrutinize the bills and make payment.
- To conduct physical verification of Vidyalaya property and stocks at least once a year and to inspect the stock registers occasionally to ensure their proper maintenance in accordance with the rules.
- To be responsible for proper utilization of the Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi for which a separate account shall be maintained. This account will be operated and the funds will be utilized in accordance with the rules laid down by the Sangathan from time to time.
- To make satisfactory arrangements for supply of drinking water and other facilities for tiffin time for the pupils and to ensure that the school building and its fixtures and furniture, office equipment, laboratories, play grounds, school garden etc. are properly and carefully maintained.
- To grant to his Vidyalaya local holidays, not exceeding seven in an academic year for educational and other bonafide purposes.
- To supervise, guide and control the work of the teaching and non-teaching staff of the Vidyalaya.
- To be overall in-charge of admissions in the Vidyalaya, preparation of school time-table, allocation of duties to teachers, provision of necessary facilities to teachers in the discharge of their duties and conduct of examinations and tests in accordance with the rules prescribed by the Sangathan from time to time.
- To plan the year’s academic work in advance in consultation with his colleagues and to hold subject committee and staff meetings at least once a month to review the work done during the month, and to assess the progress of the pupils.
- To help and guide teachers and promote their professional growth by actively encouraging their participation in courses designed for in-service training.
- To promote initiative of teachers for self-improvement and encourage them to undertake experiments which are educationally sound.
- To encourage teachers for study of the curriculum and syllabus in use with a view to analyse the objectives of teaching of various topics and adapting instructional programmes, with due regard to inter-subject co-ordination. Such study would be particularly necessary when a new curriculum or syllabus is introduced.
- To ensure that the teacher’s diary is maintained in a manner that (i) it helps the teacher in his day to day work and (ii) it helps others to understand and appreciate his work.
- To supervise class room teaching and secure co-operation and co-ordination amongst teachers of the same subject area as well as of other subjects.
- To provide special help and guidance to teachers newly entering the profession.
- To plan and prescribe a regular time-table for the scrutiny of pupils’ written work and home assignment and to ensure that their assessment and correction are carried out effectively.
- To make necessary arrangements for organising special instructions for the pupils according to their need.
- To inform the teachers about the new rating schedule which may be prescribed from time to time for assessing their yearly work. To evaluate their work objectively and also to bring to the notice of the Deputy Commissioner/ Sangathan meritorious work done or successful experiments undertaken by any teacher to improve the Vidyalaya.
- To organise and co-ordinate various co-curricular activities through the House System or in any other effective way.
- To periodically organise educational excursions after proper planning.
- To develop and organise the library resources and reading facilities in the Vidyalaya and ensure that the pupils and teachers have access to and use books and journals of established values and worth.
- To encourage the formation of parent teacher associations in order to establish contacts with and secure co-operation of parents/ guardians in the programmes of the Vidyalaya.
- To send regularly the progress reports of the students to their parents/ guardians and to show the answer books of half-yearly and session ending examination to the parents on demand.
- To promote amongst pupils physical well-being, high standards of cleanliness and healthy habits, and to arrange two medical examinations of the students in an year and send medical reports to parents/ guardians.
- To sanction increments of all staff of the Vidyalaya excluding Vice-Principals in the approved time scales.
- To sanction leave other than leave preparatory to retirement and refuse leave to teachers and non-teaching staff of the Vidyalaya in accordance with the rules laid down by the Sangathan.
(b) Financial Powers :
The financial powers of the Principal shall be as defined in the Appendix-1 Accounts Code.
The Vice-Principal shall work under the overall guidance of the Principal and will attend to whatever duties are specially assigned to him by the Principal. Some of these could be as follows :
- To assist the Principal in matters of academic co-ordination, preparation of school time-table, co-ordination of Subject Committee meetings, scrutiny of pupils’ written work and home assignments, co-ordination of the school examinations and timely dispatch of progress card of students to parents, etc.
- To organise various co-curricular activities of the school including games and physical education.
- To develop and organise resources of the institution such as the school library, laboratories, teaching aids, etc.
- To assist the Principal in the purchase of books and journals for Library and suitable equipment for Laboratories.
- To look after the physical upkeep and cleanliness of the school and proper maintenance of property and stock. To assist the Principal in conducting physical verification of school property and device procedures for its careful and proper maintenance.
- To exercise certain specific administrative powers assigned to the Principal is either on leave or away from the Vidyalaya on duty.
Officiating Arrangement During The Absence Of Principal
- When the vacancy is of less than two months' duration : During the absence of the Principal from the Vidyalaya, whether on account of illness or otherwise, the Vidyalaya Management Committee may call upon the senior-most PGT or teacher of that Vidyalaya to take over charge of the duties of the Principal, provided that there is no Vice-Principal posted in that Vidyalaya. The teacher so appointed will be in charge of routine duties of the Principal in addition to his own duties. No charge allowance will be admissible for such officiating arrangements, but an intimation shall be sent to the Regional Office about the arrangements made by the Vidyalaya Management Committee.
- When the vacancy is of more than two months duration : In case of vacancies exceeding two months, the person to be appointed will hold current charge of the duties of the Post of Principal. Such arrangements shall be made after prior consultation with the Deputy Commissioner of the Region. Such of the members of staff as are appointed to hold current charge of the duties of Principal, shall be entitled to draw a charge allowance of Rs 300/- per month in the manner indicated below provided the officiating period is for more than two months:
- A Post-Graduate Teacher promoted as Vice-Principal and posted simultaneously as In charge Principal may be given the option either to draw the pay of the Post of Vice-Principal or the pay and allowance of Post-Graduate Teacher plus charge allowance. The option will be exercised within one month of his appointment as In charge Principal.
- If a Vice-Principal is appointed as In charge Principal of the School in which he/she is already working as Vice-Principal, in the absence of Principal, he/she may be allowed to draw the charge allowance in addition to his/her pay as Vice-Principal provided the post of Vice-Principal held by him/her is not filled.
- Where a Vice-Principal is transferred as In charge Principal to some other school, he/she would continue to draw the pay of Vice-Principal only.
- When a Trained Graduate Teacher is posted as In charge Principal for more than 2 months, he/she will be entitled to draw charge allowance of Rs 200/- per month in addition to his pay as TGT.
- The Headmistress/ Headmaster is responsible for running primary sections under the overall guidance of the Principal and perform the under mentioned duties:
- To function as a Supervisor of the Primary Department.
- To help and guide the Primary Teachers.
- To organize workshops for the Primary Teachers for curriculum and syllabi in use, with a view to analyzing the objectives of teaching of various topics and adopting the instructional programmes suitable to them.
- To ensure that the teachers diaries are maintained properly.
- To ensure that lesson plans/unit plans are prepared regularly.
- In a Kendriya Vidyalaya where the post of Headmistress/ Headmaster has been sanctioned and the same is lying vacant or the Headmaster or Headmistress has gone on leave for more than two months, the senior most primary teacher who will perform the current duties of the Headmaster will be entitled to draw a special pay of Rs.200/- per month for that period. The officiating Headmaster will perform these functions in addition to his/her regular work.
The supervisor will be in full charge of the Primary Department (in addition to his/her normal teaching work) and will keep the Principal informed of the day to day developments and problems through various daily returns to be prescribed by the Principal.
Note: Specific cases, where the Primary Wings are located in separate buildings away from the main school building and where it is considered essential, a TGT or PGT may be appointed as supervisor on payment of special pay by the Sangathan in consultation with the Finance Member.
The procedure followed in the decision making process including channels of supervision and accountability is given below:
There are five (05) Zonal Institutes of Education and Training for giving the training to the teaching and non-teaching staff for latest innovation and training as per the re-distribution of KVS regions as feeder regions for the under mentioned ZIET as mentioned below:-
The Norms Set By KVS For The Discharge of Its Function
|1)||VIDYALAYA LEVEL||Chief Functionary authority is Principal at vidyalaya level and reporting authority of the vidyalaya staff. Headmistress/Headmaster is the reporting authority of the PRT’s and Vice Principal is the reviewing authority of the primary teachers of the vidyalayas staff.|
|2)||REGIONAL LEVEL||Chief Functionary authority is Deputy Commissioner at Regional Level and reporting authority of Assistant Commissioner/ Administrative Officer/ Finance Officer of the Regional Office. Assistant Commissioner is the reporting authority of the Principal and reviewing authority of the allotted vidyalaya staff. Administrative Officer is the reviewing authority in respect of Admin. Section and Section Officer is the reporting authority of the allotted admn./accounts section. Finance Officer is the reviewing authority in respect of account section. Wherever the post of section officer is either vacant or post not sanctioned in the region then Administrative Officer/Finance Officer is the reporting authority and Deputy Commissioner of the region is the reviewing authority as the case may be.|
|3)||HEADQUARTERS LEVEL||Chief Functionary authority is the Commissioner, KVS. The Reporting authority and the reviewing authority depends as per the work allotment approved by the Chief Functionary Authority as per the work flow given.|
The Rules - Regulation - Instructions – Manuals
KVS has its own set of Rules, Regulations, instructions, manuals and its Guidelines governing its functionary of Sangathan i.e the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. These rules are made available in KVS Education Code for Kendriya Vidyalayas, KVS Accounts Code for Kendriya Vidyalayas and amendments issued from time to time on various matters with administration of Kendriya Vidyalayas.
The Statement Of The Categories Of The Documents
Documents pertain to KVS dealing with Academics, Administration, Personnel, Finance, Legal documents, vigilance documents and policy papers forwarded by MHRD.
Some of the documents are of confidential and classified nature pertaining to employees of KVS and, therefore, cannot be made available for public circulation.
Details are given below:
Additional Commissioner(Admn) ------- Administration of Estt.I(Officers)/II(Teaching Staff)/III(Non-Teaching Staff)/Chief Vigilance Officer and Appellate Authority of Public Information Cell of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
Additional Commissioner(Acad) ------- Academic Matters of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
Superintendent Engineer ------- Construction/Maintenance works of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
JC(Finance) ------- Financial matters of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
JC(Admn) -------Recruitment/ Promotion and Seniority of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
JC(Pers.) ------- Receipt and Issues/Admn.I & II.
JC(Training) ------- Training matters of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan of staff.
JC(Acad) ------- Academic matters & admissions of students under special dispensation.
DC(Admn.) ------- Administration of KVS, Headquarters.
DC(Pers.) -------Personal matters of KVS, Headquarters.
DC(Acad.) ------- Academic matters/Sports matters/ Bharat Scout and Guide matters/Swasth Bachche
Swasth bharat, Pustakouphaar, KVS as pace setting organisation/NCC/ ---------
Admissions/Electronic Data Processing Cell of KVS, Headquarters.
DC(Trg.) -------Training of KVS, Headquarters.
DC(Finance) ------- Finance of KVS, Headquarters.
Distribution of work among various non-teaching posts in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- To supervise all office work.
- To report APAR of the Sub-Staff/LDC/UDC
- To assist the Principal in discharging of his duties efficiently.
- To maintain service book and personal file of the staff.
- To scrutinize the TA/DA, LTC, Medical bills as per norms.
- To scrutinize pay bill & Arrear bill as per norms.
- To scrutinize the Establishment bills as per norms.
- To scrutinize RTE claim bills as per norms.
- To scrutinize the Income tax calculation of Staff and ensure correct TDS.
- To Draft the letters for Vidyalaya correspondence to KVS/CBSE/NCERT etc.
- To assist in smooth conduct of audit (Internal/AG audit) files and replies thereof.
- To monitor the file of correspondence for Welfare of the staff i.e. Sr. Scale/Selection scale/In-Service Course disciplinary case/Court case etc.
- To monitor the purchase process as per requirement by issuing the tenders & taking approval of Chairman VMC on Comparative statement.
- To keep record of minutes of VMC/VEC meeting & assess the Principal in arranging VMC meeting as per KVS norms.
- To process the cases for condemnation.
- To dispose of RTI applications.
- To extend guidance to the UDC/LDC in discharging their work.
- Preparation of pension papers to liaise with local authority/electricity authority/water authority fire department etc.
- Any other work assigned by Principal from time to time.
- To prepare and uploading of monthly pay bill.
- To prepare arrear bills of staff.
- To keep record of saving of staff u/s 80 & calculate Income Tax of staff on salary and ensure TDS.
- To maintain cash book of VVN & school fund.
- To maintain Ledger of School fund A/c.
- To maintain Ledger of VVN Account and keep watch on financial ceiling.
- To prepare Annual Account of VVN Account & School fund A/c as per norms.
- To prepare Budget of school fund account & VVN account as per norms.
- To prepare monthly and quarterly statement of VVN account & School fund.
- To maintain petty cash book.
- To maintain record of fees collection and its summary through DCR, CS II & CS 54.
- To maintain Assets register/maintenance of Staff quarters.
- To calculate & deduction of TDS form supplers and file Income Tax return of Staff & dealers.
- To check the work done by LDC/Sub-Staff.
- To extend guidance to LDC relating to work allotted to LDC, if there is no assistant in the Vidyalaya.
- Any other work assigned by Principal from time to time.
- To maintain stock register of office contingency/VVN & details of various stocks & their annual verification etc.
- To prepare monthly schedule and Board sheet GPF/CPF/CPS/HBA etc.
- To prepare comparative statement after obtaining rates.
- To prepare monthly report of enrolment and vacancy position etc.
- To prepare T. C. & keep record and uploading of T. C. on website.
- To maintain scholar register/admission forms.
- To maintain casual leave register/diary dispatch register and postal expense register.
- To maintain current staff attendance register & keep old register.
- To type all the letters of correspondence in English or Hindi.
- To issue character certificate/NOC etc. to students & correspondence with KVS/CBSE/NCERT for Welfare of the students.
- To maintain allotment of staff quarter/hostel files.
- To keep all record in store systematically.
- To keep record of all fee collection receipt for audit purpose.
- Preparation of Railway concession forms.
- Work related to financial assistants to students.
- Checking up of E-mail for submission to Principal.
- Any other work assigned by Principal/Assistant from time to time.
- Maintenance and upkeep of Principal office/office and other department (other than class rooms).
- To attend the call-bell of the Principal/office.
- To ring the bell of the Vidyalaya at the prescribed tomes.
- To circulate the orders/letters amongst the staff.
- To attend to telephone calls/operating of fax machine/franking machine & Xerox machine & to handle fire fighting equipments.
- To assist in maintaining file/records/retrieval documents pertaining to TA/LTC/Medical/Leave application monthly return forms/pay bill etc.
- To handle bank operations i.e. deposit/withdrawal of cash from bank.
- To assist in local purchases.
- To operate water pump/use of electrical equipment/water cooler etc.
- To assist in maintaining diary/dispatch of letter.
- To attend post office work.
- To check all light point in class rooms to be Off & water tapes off in toilet & drinking point after school hours.
- To maintain mobile no. and local address of the staff members.
- Any other work assigned by Principal/SC/Assistant/UDC/LDC from time to time.
Note: 1. Where there is the post of Section Officer, the work allotted to Assistant will be looked after by the Section Officer/UDC by distributing the work by head of office in addition to their own duties as described against the post of Section Officer and UDC.
2. Where there is no post of Section Officer or Assistant the work allotted to Assistant will be looked after by the UDC/LDC in addition to their own duties as described against the post of UDC and LDC.
3. The distribution of work among the non-teaching staff is just to facilities administrative convenience and may be re-distributed by the Principal of the Vidyalaya concerned based on the ground realities.